interested in volunteering?!
we have a new volunteer application process!
Heal the City is fortunate enough to have numerous, wonderful and consistent volunteers. To manage the influx of volunteer applications we have created a new process to accept volunteers. HTC is accepting volunteers who are committed for more than 6 months. The clinic has specific volunteer opportunities available each quarter, please see the current opportunities below. If you are a student and are interested in volunteering over the summer, please see our page about summer internships.
Heal the City will be having quarterly orientations for new volunteers. The next orientation is February 22nd. The following orientations will be scheduled in May, August, and November.
- Come to the clinic and pick up an application anytime Tuesday-Thursday from 12:00 - 2:00 pm. You can fill it out on site, or take it home and bring it back during those hours.
- You will be contacted for an informal interview with our Volunteer Coordinator. If you are selected, you will be notified with the orientation date and can schedule to tour the clinic on a Monday night.
- At orientation, you will be given information to complete a $10 background check, HIPAA training, and where to submit your immunization record. You will also be given the opportunity to receive a TB test at orientation for $5. You must return to the clinic in two days for the test to be read by a staff member.
- Before you can sign up for shifts, you will be scheduled to shadow someone in your assigned position.
- Be 16 years of age
- Tour the clinic on a Monday night
- Pass a criminal background check
- Complete HIPAA training
- Submit immunization record
- Stay up to date on yearly TB testing
- 10 RN's and 2 LVN's -- for scribing and working regular clinic.
- 6 Non-medical volunteers -- for the front desk, and taking vitals.
- 10+ Spanish translators
We are always in need of providers and Spanish translators.
other ways to volunteer
- Every Monday night HTC has food for the volunteers. If you are interested in cooking food, for generally 75-80 people, contact the clinic to get on the food schedule.
- Host an event that benefits the Clinic!